The FOAMSTONE® ADVANTAGE.
Applying the correctfoam density to the appropriate molding or architectural accent make Foamstone® moldings one of the most durable options available for all types of uses. Our proprietary coatings results in superior aesthetics with proven longevity. Our chosen sections sizes, installation guidelines, and proprietary bonding and grout materials, coupled with our attention to details, unrivaled quality control procedures, and automated manufacturing standards make Foamstone® the true ” Designer’s choice” .
WHAT IS FOAMSTONE®
Foamstone® moldings are cut from EPS foam blocks. Once cut, each molding section is reinforced with fiberglass mesh, and double coated with Foamstone® proprietary cement blends. Various textures and colors give our customers an array of choices for all types of architectural styles.
Foamstone® finished products compare to real stone, are virtually free of cracks, demonstrate excellent resistance to weather extremes, and are manufactured under strict quality control guidelines.Foamstone® EPS Coated FoamFoamstone® EPS coated moldings and architectural elements are more efficient than any other building material used for architectural accents and moldings.
Physical Properties of Expanded Polystyrene Styrofoam (EPS)
- FEDERAL SPECIFICATIONS: PRODUCT MEETS ASTM C578 (SUPERCEDES FED SPEC HH-I-524C)
- Building Code Classification – ICBO Research Report No. 4169 Factory Mutual No. 4450
- Surface Burning Characteristics (UL File R5212) B.R.Y.X.
- ½ – 5 in. Thick + Flame Spread: 15# Smoke Developed 150-300#
- + – Installed in a thickness, or stored in an effective thickness, as indicated, for a density of 1.0 to 2.0 lb/cu ft
- # – Flame spread & smoke developed recorded while material remained in the original test position. Ignition of molten residue on the furnace floor resulted in flame travel equivalent to calculated flame spread index of 125 and smoke developed index of over 500.